Jun 5, 2009

St. Louis

In April, my mother & I headed to St. Louis for a conference. I've never been to St. Louis, but of course my first (and only) thought was that we had to see the Arch (of course!). Lucky for us, our hotel was right across the street from it, so on our last day there we headed over. It's a pretty impressive piece of architecture and made for a few cool pictures (or would have if I knew how to compose a nice photo). Anyway, here a few pics from the trip.
You can see our hotel on the left side of this pic.
We went to a dinner that was sponsored by the conference. Here is the view from our table. (Taken with the camera phone, hence the crap quality.)

To get to the top of the arch, you get in a ridiculously tiny pod (which is supposed to hold 5 people) and take a rickety-ass ride to the top. I just knew some belt somewhere was going to break any minute and we would be stranded forever.
View from the top.
Another view where you can see the ballpark.



No comments: