May 1, 2010

Circus

About a month ago, Trevor, Debbie, and I took Noah to his first circus.  Noah had a good time, but his absolute favorite thing about it wasn’t the elephants or the pony he got to ride – it was the light saber Nanny (Debbie) bought for him.  Of course! 

 

May the force be with you.DSC_0542

See that little stuffed elephant following him?  There’s a dog in there.  He had real stuffed animals, too, so it was quite a surprise when this one started walking around.

DSC_0566

Talented sheepdogs

DSC_0604

Female Gumby

DSC_0651 DSC_0654

Maybe I’m a fuddy-duddy, but I thought this outfit was a little risqué for an audience full of little kids.  Is it just me?

DSC_0670

Noah got to ride a pony. He was not interested in petting it at all.

DSC_0708

Just as this guy got to the 5th level it all came down.  But you have to hand it to him – he got this far by building the platforms one at a time while standing on them.  Impressive.

DSC_0735

DSC_0752

World’s smallest bike

DSC_0782

No circus is complete without elephants.  Of course at this point I always feel guilty that I’m at the circus because I wonder how well those elephants (and the tigers, dogs, etc) are treated.  Then someone else will always point out that they are probably happier in the circus than losing their tusks in Africa or starving to death in India.  :-|  Aren’t elephants happy ANYWHERE?

DSC_0799

More pictures here.

No comments: