May 20, 2010

Colin’s 5th Birthday

I remember the first time I ever saw Colin.  Amanda was the first of my close friends to have a baby, and when I saw him for the first time I was awestruck.  I’d never been around babies before and he was just so tiny and seemed so fragile.  And now he’s 5.  He’s shy and he loves the Clone Wars and there’s a little girl at school who has a crush on him – and, speaking of school, he will be starting kindergarten this fall.  Where does the time go?

Colin’s 5th birthday was at the Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve in Southlake.  It was a refreshing change of pace since we’ve been to Pump It Up (all you moms know what I’m talking about) about 10 times since the beginning of the year.  Not that I’m complaining – Pump It Up wears Noah’s ass OUT and, subsequently, he usually has a great nap.  But it was still nice to do something new.

Here are a few pictures from the party.  The rest are here.

 

The birthday boy (in the middle) trying to get a closer look at a frog.DSC_0836

 

Cooper (Colin’s little brother) checking out a lizard.DSC_0846

DSC_0855

 

I am NOT touching that giant cockroach.DSC_0858

 

Noah had gone to the circus right before this party.  Recognize the light saber?  Way more interesting than an old…WTF is that, anyway?DSC_0871 DSC_0881 

Checking out some deer tracks.DSC_0890

DSC_0892

 

It was a beautiful day and there was some great scenery.DSC_0897 z DSC_0873 z DSC_0905

z DSC_0902

 

After the party, we headed to a nearby park to free the party favors (lady bugs).DSC_0965

 

And then have a little fun on the playground.DSC_0971 DSC_0983

1 comment:

aria said...

The thing not as interesting as the light saber looks like a compost bin.